tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands - fixed

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WARC bands - fixed
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 20:44:05 +0100

Hello Zilvinas,

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 07:29:44PM +0200, Zilvinas, AUGMA wrote:

> On 01/03/14 11:23, Hegedüs Ervin wrote:
> > What's the second question?
>
> Oh... Sorry. My questions where what's wrong with my tlf-rigctld
> link and maybe this is somehow related with compile warnings I
> attached earlier (but now I am not sure).

I don't know exactly - that modified by Thomas, as I know.

But, there was a patch from me - I don't know Thomas when merged
to master branch, and - sorry - but I don't know, which is the
base code of 1.2.0_pre3.

In one of the previous versions there was a bug: when Tlf
started, it read the current freq from _CURRENT_ VFO. If you've
switched to another VFO, then Tlf loses the connection with RIG.

So, my proposal to Thomas was, initilaze the current VFO when the
Tlf starts, and then Tlf follows the RIG.

May be - I'm not sure - that indicates this effect what you found
now in rigctld - and only in that!

As I wrote, I'm using the 1.2.0-WARC branch, and it works
correctly, as in your case (in direct link).

But on rigctlD I got that similar problems as in your case. Tlf
can starts, but if I changed the VFO, Tlf lost the connection to
rig.

So, based on this I think that's rigctld problem. I'll see that
soon.

> Until now I was using:
>
> Version: tlf-1.2.0_pre3
> And all was o.k. with rigctld - (here's  tlf -v -d output - this
> helped to catch fast scrolling diagnostic. It works ok without these
> options too)
>
>         Welcome to tlf-1.2.0_pre3 by PA0R!!
>
> reading country data
> reading configuration data
> Opening config file logcfg.dat
> reading contest rules file: rules/qso
> Using contest rules file:  rules/qso
> reading callmaster data
> HAMLIB defined
> Rignumber is 2
> Rig speed is 2400
> Trying to start rig ctrl
> freq = 7010000
> freq = 7010000
> Rig set freq ok!
> freq = 14000000

hmm... I don't know why does it switch to 14000000???  This
doesn't occur with direct link.

> tlf starts and I can see freq and control the rig.

and what does it happen, when you change the VFO?

> I uninstall it and install tlf-1.2.0  (the same applies to WARC version too)

just to clarify: you're used the "simple" Tlf (the master branch,
Thomas's version), or my WARC branch? Could you try it with
another version?

> But if I run tlf -v -d (verbose, debug)

just a tip: you can start rigctld with a "-v", or "-vvvv" - the
number of v's increments the verbose level. And don't use the "&"
sign in the end of command line (don't start it in background
mode).

> Problem with rig link!
> freq = 0
>                     then long pause
> freq = 14000000
> Rig set freq ok!
> freq = 14000000
>                       long pause

same effect here,

> tlf then starts but TRX: field is empty - I don't see rig's frequency.
> But! I can switch bands with arrow keys and even set rig's frequency
> typing it in call entry field.

similar here: I see the frequency, and I can switch the bands.

> Concluding - I can  start 1.2.0 tlf without hamlib typing  'tlf'  or
> with semi-working hamlib  typing 'tlf -v -d'
> I have exactly the same behaviour if I configure tlf-rig direct
> communication (not via rigctld).
>
> I guess I could have problematic cable and/or something (some
> timings which were able to handle my probably buggy cable?) was
> changed in tlf's code during transition from
> tlf-1.2.0_pre3  ->  tlf-1.2.0.

no, that will the rigctld problem...

thanks,

73,