tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] QTC support
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 09:54:41 +0100

Hello Fabian,

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:59:35PM +0100, Fabian Kurz wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:55:08PM +0100, Ervin Hegedüs wrote:
> > >
> > > this feature (showing the number of needed or exchanged QTCs instead
> > > of just a Q) is in my opinion quite important. Especially as (what I
> > > like to think of) a big gun in WAE (mostly from DL1A) you often just
> > > get less than 10 QTCs on the first try from a station (because they
> > > simply don't have more to offer) and hunting them down later for more
> > > QTCs is very important - WAE even allows to call a station later for
> > > QTCs only, without making another (possibly dupe, if on same band)
> > > QSO.
> >
> > the second part of above is clear (a station calls an another for
> > only QTC, not QSO), but - sorry, may be that's my fault - I don't
> > see the real reason, why does help to show indicate the number of
> > QTC in a block?
> >
> > That's clear, the station doesn't offer any QSO to send as in QTC
> > - but that's not, why is good for me, if I know _exactly_, how
> > many QSO was sent in a QTC block.
> >
> > Do you mean about if a station gives me only 5 QSO in the first
> > QTC, and if I see that in worked window/bandmap, then I can call
> > again, and would ask the remain other 5 QSO to complete to the 10?
>
> That's what I had in mind, yes :)

right, thanks :)

Just a few remark: I would be very happy, if any "big gun"
stations should use Tlf (and QTC support, of course) on WAE :).

But the QTC support is not a trivial task in shared environment,
I talk about the MULTI-MULTI, and MULTI-TWO category. May be the
MULTI-MULTI isn't problematic, because the bands are
independents, but I don't know, then what's the accepted method
to collect the QSO's for the QTC block: a "band" station collects
from only those own QSO's, or other bands too?

But the MULTI-TWO (as I see, there isn't exactly these
categories, but I don't know how does it works in real), when a
station use 2 transmitter, and all of them wants to send QTC's,
how could the Tlf collects them? Currently I don't know (yet),
how could I keep off the collosions, AND utilize maximum of
available QSO's.

If anybody has any experiment about this, please share with me :)
(not necessarily in the algorithm, more the other programs how
does works).

73,

Ervin
HA2OS