tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY

From: Doug Smith W9WI
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Few modification for RTTY
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:14:19 -0600

- http://www.frontiernet.net/~aflowers/k3rtty/k3rtty.html suggests it is very possible to have an AFSK-generated RTTY signal that's *cleaner* than a FSK signal. You do of course have to pay attention & make sure you have a clean connection to your radio -- and have any OS-generated sounds turned off!

(there was one signal in last weekend's contest that was clearly well modulated with 60Hz!)

- Several users of N1MM Logger have requested a macro to send back the received exchange. The developers refuse to do so, stating that it's not good practice. To be honest I agree -- it slows down the exchange and, if the numbers are similar, can result in confusion.

It's probably not a bad idea to have this function available but I would be careful about using it.

==
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View, TN  EM66