tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Fw: WARC bands

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Fw: WARC bands
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:20:40 -0600

* On 2014 24 Jan 15:16 -0600, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:
> I didn't hear about Xdx before - could you make some comparison
> of the configuration method with Tlf and Xdx?

Hi Ervin.

This is off-topic, but I hope Tom will be understanding.  :-)

Xdx is a GUI DX Cluster client originally written by Joop, PG4I.  He
stopped maintenance on it several years ago and with his blessing I
picked it up a couple of weeks ago.  right now I'm hoping to receive
some language translation updates before releasing a stable update.

More info at:

https://github.com/N0NB/xdx

At one time it was a companion project of Xlog also by Joop.  Xlog has
had a new maintainer for some time.  The only things Xdx and Tlf have in
common, other than written in C, are that both connect to a DX Cluster
and both use the cty.dat country file.

73, de Nate >>

> ps: I know I'm the last one who connected to this project. I
> really don't want to "clever" - but when you wrote your idea
> about the rewrite from scratch, I felt completely my
> own - sorry :)

I hope I didn't leave the impression that I wanted to rewrite anything
from scratch.  Rather, if a rework of the structure of Tlf is desirable,
and some of that will involve code modification, then it may be useful
to build some parts that already exist in Tlf into a separate library so
that other programs can use the same functions.