tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] NAQP Problems

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] NAQP Problems
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 16:47:44 +0100

Hi Ed,

Am Sun, 12 Jan 2014 10:26:54 -0500
schrieb Ed <address@hidden>:

> On 01/12/2014 08:47 AM, Ed wrote:
> > I am having after contest problems and need some help. This is a no
> > rst contest and I used NO_RST in the rules file. This is what tlf
> > looked like after I entered the exchange and loggged the qso.
>
> Probably not in good taste to reply to your own post.
>
> I fixed the cabrillo problem, instead of universal I used the
> eusprint which is also a non rst contest and the cabrillo came out
> perfect.

yes, the UNIVERSAL cabrillo format is for contest with rst and serial
numerr (or similar) exchange. for other contests you may have to roll
your own one - look at the the contest web page for an examle.

From your first mail:
> QSO 21043 CW 2014-01-11 2225 W3NR          0   ED GA  K5GY          0
>  FRED

>Where did the "0" come from and I ran out of lines in the cabrillo
>format.

See the UNIVERSAL definition in cabrillo.fmt:
[UNIVERSAL]
QSO=FREQ,5;MODE,2;DATE,10;TIME,4;MYCALL,13;RST_S,3;EXC_S,6;HISCALL,13;RST_R,3;EXCH,6

In '0 Ed GA' the '0' comes from 'RST_S,3' (meaning RST_Sent, 3 char
wide) followed by 'Ed GA' coming from the EXC_S,6 (meaning
Exchange_Sent, 6 char wide).

In the EUSPRINT I dropped the RST_S and RST_R as we use NO_RST.

What did you mean by 'I ran out of lines in the cabrillo format'?

Anyway, I wonder why about the format in the log line with the exchange
written two times. I will test the config files you posted earlier and
will come back later.

Btw, the '1' in teh second log line shoudl be the points given for the
QSO.

73, de Tom DL1JBE