tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Installing tlf as non-root user

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Installing tlf as non-root user
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2013 21:42:27 -0500

On 12/14/2013 09:07 PM, Jim Bruce wrote:
OK, cwdaemon is working now, I don't know why or how. At first I
would start it by "sudo cwdaemon -d ttyS0 -x n" and it would come up,
initialize and key the MFJ 1279T for a second in cw mode and not
crash until after tlf was started. After several of those I ran
winkey-server (v.4) sh and it brought up the config window and I set
/dev/ttyS0 and tried tlf. Still not keying. Rebooted again and tried
starting cwdaemon as above to get a PID to identify it to do the
trace below. No cwdaemon processes after trying to start it. Reboot
again and used Ervin's suggestion below in foreground and tlf is
keying as it should on cw. I will add VK messages to logconfig.dat
and try to see if ssb keys. Does sox need to be started or what is
needed for Voice Messages? I already have some .wav files in a
directory. Is it my cmd line above that is incorrect for starting
it?

cwdaemon- 0.94 Xubuntu 12.04

Jim W3FA

Jim, look in /etc/defaults and you will find cwdaemon, open it as sudo and make sure that you have this set to yes::

# Start cwdaemon at boot? yes or no
START_CWDAEMON=yes

This will start the cwdaemon at boot with no input needed from you.

Ed W3NR