tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Quick change CW <> SSB -- which key to use?
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2013 08:57:22 -0600

* On 2013 10 Dec 07:41 -0600, FS wrote:
> Another proposal would be <CTRL>+F1 to toggle through the modes.
> That would be compatible to other programms. We should include all
> modes to toggle through for normal qso mode.

Except that X desktop window managers grab the Ctl-Fx keys for desktop
switching.  Asking users to disable those keys in their window manager
may be too much.  Alt-Fx keys are also often in use for various desktop
functions.

On the Linux console the Ctl-Fx keys may be available but the console
driver uses Alt-Fx for virtual console switching.  It seems that use of
either Ctl-Fx or Alt-Fx are problematic.

Using something like :CW or :LSB seems not a great burden unless one
would be switching modes with every QSO.  Using the leading colon in the
call field informs the key stroke parser that a command is following.

I'm not a high speed op, so I may be far off base!

73, de Nate >>