tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf-devel Digest, Vol 121, Issue 6

From: Jim Bruce
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Tlf-devel Digest, Vol 121, Issue 6
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 20:40:44 -0500 (EST)

Thanks Ed (several times) and Pat for your help. Trying to get tlf as
mainstream contest logger for long while and trying harder this year. Yep in
middle of contest season, I know. I want to get the 10 mtr file right too for
next year as I will not be on for it bext week.
Ed- had typo for name of sections file which caused one of the errors. Once I
got it right then cwdaemon (sudo cwdaemon -d ttyS0) didn't key radio or send
DTR sig to mfj 1279. The prior time it came on and sent constant RTS and DTR
keeping rig keyed down. I think I tried "-d /dev/ttyS0" before and that didn't
work either.
Pat- I will try that on the next update Tom does and hopefully I won't mess up
install. I'm guessing that one I do the non root user install I can delete the
tlf dirs in /usr/share?

Are there any other hiding places that I can find help or tips? I did not know
about the 160 section in the wiki or the location that Pat had the non root
user install script. Currently I am taking all that is passed on to me and
creating a local help and tips file on my machine for my reference. Maybe it
will help someone else that once I get more stuff in it. I like the temp tlf
web site Tom mentioned a few threads back. Looks cleaner and better organized.
Hopefully I will be in a position to help others after learning from you guys.

Jim/W3FA