tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] File Needed

From: Ervin Hegedüs
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] File Needed
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 22:41:21 +0100

Hello Ed,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 12:54:38PM -0500, Ed wrote:
> On 12/03/2013 10:57 AM, Ervin Hegedüs - HA2OS wrote:

> >This list contains few diff to current arrldx_mults in Tlf:
> >
> >http://www.mapability.com/ei8ic/contest/states.php
[...]

> Well you found the same web page that I did. I edited the
> arrldx_mults to show the changes, but is this correct for contest
> purposes ?

That's a good question, as I see the ARRL* rules, there is the
multi section:

(http://www.arrl.org/10-meter - the next contest what I'm
looking)

5.2.1. Each US state and the District of Columbia.

5.2.2. Canada: 14 provinces - See Appendix A at bottom for
complete list.

I don't know where can I find official list of states, but on the
Wikipedia, there are found the list below. There only 50 state's,
and Washington D.C. - so, that's equla the list on the page
above.

List of Canadian provinces and territories are the appendix A,
see below - that's almost conform with EI8IC's link. The
different's are the appendix has 3 chars length abbrev (NWT,
PEI), and there is YU instead of YT (Yukon).

Note, that ARRL-10m includes all states of Mexico, DXCC
countries, KH6 and KL7, but ARRL-160m multis are only ARRL/RAC
section.

AL
AK
AZ