tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - 1st v0.001 Beta release :)

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] WAEDC QTC - 1st v0.001 Beta release :)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 07:05:55 +0100

Hi Ervin,

nice to see the WAEDC going forward. I am looking forward with great
interest.

At the moment I am a little bit busy with QRL here. So I can do a more
thorough test only in next days.

For the moment I had only a quick look and would like to make some small
comments which may be helpful.

- The boilerplate in your new files seems to be a simple copy of Reins
  original files. So the copyright is not quite right. As these files
  are your work you should state so, e.g.

   'Copyright (C) 2013 Ervin Hegedüs'

- I am not quite sure if the ALT+S and ALT+R key combinations are a
  good choice. They are used already in tlf for another function. We
  should look how to handle that best.

- For logging it may be better to use glib's message logging
  facility instead of the system log. That seems to be the wrong place
  for messages from an normal application.

- In your first changes you made a functione named 'waedc_pa'. I think
  it is modelled after the 'pacc_pa' function. That other function is
  for the '_pa' part of the 'pacc' contest. So maybe a better name for
  your function may be 'waedc_eu'. What do you think?

73, de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea