tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.1.1 release announcement

From: Graham
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.1.1 release announcement
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 21:47:11 +0000

Thanks Tom.

copied, installed, built and working OK.

I used TLF in this weekends North American QSO Party. TLF does not
export a nice cabrillo format file for this contest. The exchange was
name and state/province or country. TLF truncates received exchange.

I had intended to dig into the part of TLF which does the cabrillo
format creation but just haven't gotten around to it. So, I wrote a
simple perl script called tlf2cab.pl to convert the TLF log format to
cabrillo.

Key word is "simple" but it gets the job done.

I can share the script with anyone who wants it or we can place on the
tlf archive someplace.

Cabrillo is a standard but version 2 and version 3 are both commonly
used plus it seems as every contest has their variation on exchanges and
how the details need to be put in the cabrillo log file.

I am very comfortable working in a terminal with command lines and
scripts. I see the task of exporting the tlf log into cabrillo as a job
for a script. Others are not so comfortable and like the ability built
into the application.

For now I will use and update my script but will also give some more
thought to what is needed in tlf to do the same thing.

cheers, Graham ve3gtc