tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.1.0 release announcement

From: Thomas Beierlein
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF-1.1.0 release announcement
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 14:55:54 +0100

Hi Andy,

thanks for the feedback.

Am Tue, 10 Jan 2012 20:57:46 +0000
schrieb Andy Summers <address@hidden>:

a)
> On a couple of occasions I was in the exchange field having just
> copied the received exchange. I accidentally hit F2 (sent exchange)
> instead of F1 (CQ) at that point. In panic, I hit <esc> to terminate
> sending CW, but it keeps going. I hit <esc> again and it stops. I
> look back at the display and find that I've now lost the exchange I
> just copied! I call that station again, but he's already QSY'd. I
> can't remember the exchange and I've now got a busted QSO!

The problem comes from using 'cwdaemon' as keyer. If you press ESC
(please do it only once) it sends cwdaemon a stop command. But it takes
some time before cwdaemon reacts. Btw, which version of cwdaemon do you
use. Iirc there was some work to make it react more quickly to a stop
request lately.

b)
> When you're in the exchange field there's no editor function like
> there is in the call field. If I didn't get the first digit in a 3
> digit serial I don't want to have to delete the two digits I did copy
> to get to the first digit position. TLF can also be used in
> non-serial contests, and proper editing functions are really
> necessary in this instance.

Editing the exchnage field is already on the todo list :-).

c)
> When you're editing a call (you've arrowed left and changed
> something) and you then hit <tab>, the partials window background
> goes black. Only a cosmetic issue, but it doesn't look good.

Same here. I know the bug, but did not find time to fix yet.

> Didn't the score window previously give the number of QSO's and
> dupes? I know I worked some dupes but they don't appear.

Never seen the number of dupes in the scorewindow. Sorry.

73, de Tom DL1JBE.

--
"Do what is needful!"
Ursula LeGuin: Earthsea