tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF maintenance release 1.0.1

From: Andy Summers
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF maintenance release 1.0.1
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:14:11 +0000

Hi Tom,

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 6:06 AM, Thomas Beierlein <address@hidden> wrote:

I will look into it. But it will be a busy week here and it is possible
that I will find time only the next weekend.

No worries, Tom. It was mainly a 'heads-up' in case you had an 'ah I know what that is' moment. I've not had time to take a second look myself.

In meantime can you please start cwdaemon with a '-n' switch added.
Then it will not go to daemon and output debug messages what it is
doing.

Try the PTT (for the new and old version) and send us the results. That
would be helpful.

Yeah, I already did that. cwdaemon just reports 'PTT on' or PTT off'. There's no output of the string actually received. With the new version of netkeyer.c you get two successive 'PTT on' reports, but with the old version you get 'PTT on' followed by 'PTT off', as expected.

To aid debug, also had a second terminal open, running 'nc -u localhost 6789'. It is able to key PTT on or off with '<ESC>a1' or '<ESC>a0', as expected. When the bug in TLF leaves PTT on, I am able to get it back to PTT off by sending the second command.

Btw, which version of cwdaemon do you use?

I'm not at home right now, but I believe it's version 0.9. I have no reason to believe it's a cwdaemon issue though.

My C is a bit rusty, but I'll take a second look. I didn't really see any significant changes when I looked the first time. I see that the buf char array is now initialised - I guess this was one of those compiler warnings you've fixed? Otherwise, the changes look fairly cosmetic. My guess is that it'll be something like the string terminator being lost, but I'll look more closely when I have some time.

73 Andy, G4KNO.