tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: [linuxham] Re: fldigi 3.03 and NBEMS upgrades posted

From: Ed
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: [linuxham] Re: fldigi 3.03 and NBEMS upgrades posted
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 16:56:08 -0400

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 19:02:21 -0000
"Al" <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Just in case you missed this little blurb. Linux
> > users now will be able to use fldigi/tlf for contesting.
>
> Great news. Thanks for that to all involved. I've found that whenever
> there is some function I use that is missing from the Linux world, it
> just means that I need to be more patient, and it appears as if by
> magic.
>
> After my previous comments about using fldigi in contests, I dug more
> into MMTTY to see what its contest adaptations were. It has many, but
> also a very fatal flaw that makes it quite mouse intensive and not
> keyboard-able; in the end not much of an improvement. So the tlf
> integration will be preferable.
>
> Again thanks.

Well if you have ever used TR or CT then tlf is right for you. The
command structure is almost identical and with the fldigi/tlf
combination you have a solid contesting app.

I just could not get MMTTY to work right using Wine, so I basically
gave up. Dave's email late Friday and a test version of the interface
of fldigi and tlf early Saturday morning was a real treat.

Hope to see you in the CIS RTTY this weekend.

Ed W3NR

for the fldigi Alpha team