tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLD and ARRL Field Day

From: Scott Emery
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLD and ARRL Field Day
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 18:57:27 -0500

        This was my first year of using TLF networked at Field Day. We
coordinated two multi-band SSB tents using networked TLF.  It worked
flawlessly (To be fair, we didn't throw any corner cases at it: laptops
crashing, et. al. ).   I am personally quite pleased with TLF, but it
has limitations and not everyone is a fan of the TR interface.

        We have VHF/UHF at our site, they logged on paper this year.  The
GOTA station used some Windows program.  Digital uses software for
communications which also does a great (integrated) job of logging.  I
think the CW station uses Writelog.

        The predjudice that TLF is hard to use, Some folks' preference for
Windows would be hard to overcome. The lack of VHF/UHF support is a deal
breaker for that tent.  Digital station has such a neat package already
I don't even plan to try.

        I will work on the CW guys next year, touting the benefit of
sharing information between tents.

        TLF is a fabulous program.  Thank you for your hard work Rein.

Scott Emery
address@hidden