tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: tlf 0.9.30 bug report

From: Rein Couperus PA0R
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: tlf 0.9.30 bug report
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 12:23:54 +0100

On Sat, 2007-01-06 at 10:55 +0100, Martin Kratoska wrote:
> To save bandwidth, go here to see my bug report based on CQWW 2006 and
> the AGCW 2007 Happy New Year Contest.
>
> http://www.ok1rr.com/tlf-bugs/index.html
>
> Let me hope that the 'classic' tlf is not discontinued.
>
> 73 HNY,
> Martin, OK1RR

Tnx Martin... very useful.

No, the 'classic' tlf will not be discontinued.  As soon as I have time
I will go back to it. Looks like there is a lot of work to do :)

Your remarks about the cwdaemon being meant for network only are not
valid, the udp interface is like a normal unix socket when it runs on
the same machine. Tlf just does not always handle it properly (yet).

You may be interested to hear I am planning to write a Linux driver for
the winkey (K1EL) keyer, which will solve all problems for slower
machines.
I have already built the hardware, and I will look at the driver as soon
as I get some free time. Maybe I will build the driver into cwdaemon. At
least it will have the same interface to the tlf side.

In the mean time, tlf is open source so any support is welcome :)

I wish all tlf users a happy and healthy 2007!!

Rein PA0R