tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Xtlf-1.0.2beta is out, now incl. the iaru hf test

From: Ed
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Xtlf-1.0.2beta is out, now incl. the iaru hf test
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 18:37:32 -0400

Ed wrote:
Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:
Hi Ed, unfortunately the line nr. contains no clue as to the cause of
the error (it marks the 'main program' of the GUI... )

Well, after a few cold beers (been a long work day) I installed Joop's version of Xtlf. This is what I found:

1. starting Xtlf without Gmfsk there is no Gdk error.

2. starting Xtlf before Gmfsk there are no errors, but the RTTY window does not echo from Gmfsk, but this is also true of the cluster window, it will not even open. However the Fn keys do work and send the correct text to Gmfsk, just no echo to the RTTY window.

3. starting Gmfsk and then starting Xtlf the error appears. I rarely use the cluster for RTTY contesting as I just find a QRG and run, however if I start XDX first all is well.

4. I just closed Xtlf and see a "write error:Broken pipe" but do not see this if I start Gmfsk first.

I hope this is of some value. I will re-install from source, probably tomorrow evening, right now I need to spend some time with the YL.

73

Ed W3NR

I removed Joop's version and installed Rein's. This is what I saw trying to start Xtlf after ./install.sh

1. can't find Xdx, although it is installed.

2. can't locate rules.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/share/xtlf/scoring /usr/share/xtlf /home/ed/.xtlf /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /usr/share/xtlf/scoring/printcqzones.pm line 26. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/xtlf/scoring/printcqzones.pm line 26.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/xtlf/xtlf.pl line 55.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/xtlf/xtlf.pl line 55.

3. I re-installed xtlf-1.0.2 beta.tar.gz @ 78.3kb and xtlfconfig-1.0.2 tar.gz @ 118.9kb and the above error went away, but the GDK error as mentioned above reappeared as long as I opened Gmfsk first. Xtlf stand-alone showed no errors.

4. I see the exact same results on Debian testing and Ubuntu Dapper.

5. I only see the first digit of the CW speed and the close button in the cluster window is not visible. Also the band up/down arrows are not completly formed.

73

Ed W3NR