tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Testing Xtlf-1.0.0alpha

From: Bob Nielsen
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Testing Xtlf-1.0.0alpha
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 14:44:18 -0700

On May 8, 2006, at 2:02 PM, Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:

The complete procedure for UBUNTU-5.10 on my machine:

install gcc, autoconf, automake, gnu make (build essentials).
install libglade-2.0-dev from synaptic
From your home directory:
sudo cpan ExtUtils::Depends
cd ~/.cpan/build/ExtUtils-Depends-0.205

cd ~
sudo cpan ExtUtils::PkgConfig
cd ~/.cpan/build/ExtUtils-PkgConfig-1.07

cd ~
sudo cpan Gtk2::GladeXML
cd ~/.cpan/build/Gtk2-GladeXML-1.005

That should work. If not, ask somebody with the same distro you use...

Alternately one can install the appropriate perl packages such as libgladexml-perl and libgtk2-gladexml-perl from the Ubuntu repository. Ubuntu and Debian have a large number of CPAN modules already packaged (figuring out the appropriate package name can sometimes be a challenge however).

I haven't done much with xtlf yet, but it looks good so far on Ubuntu 6.06 beta 2.

Bob, N7XY