tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] few questions and bugs?

From: Rolf Moberg
Subject: [Tlf-devel] few questions and bugs?
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2006 12:05:21 +0300

Hello!

After a succesful keying of rig by tlf and gmfsk I tried to configure tlf to EARTTY.

I found scroring and multipliers pretty awful and didn't manage in it. In fact I believe there is no possibility to write complete rules to tlf for EARTTY due to special scoring. I mean low bands scoring differs from usual "low bands gives double score"-principe. No panic. My contesting would have been semi-humorous search&plock-working in 20m during a children's birthday party.

However I made macros to tlf.

When starting tlf it doesn't recognize my continent and zone.
However, my CALL is recognized.

rules includes:

        MY_CONTINENT_POINTS=1
        DX_POINTS=2
        MULT_LIST=earttymults
        DX_&_SECTIONS

but tlf gives 2 points for every contact. (bug?)
I know call areas of VE/VK/W and JA are missing in my configuration. Maybe more careful "man tlf" reading could help how to program them to tlf. However I don't care them.

And second question:

rules include
        MULT_LIST=earttymults

and there is file in same directory where logcfg.dat is (contest specific directory). This file includes a list a EA mults found in earttyrules http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/eartty.htm

When entering a virtual EA-qso I get ONLY DX-country mult, not Spanich provinces mult at all.

Rolf
oh6kxl