tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] WPX contest rules, bug found

From: Rolf Moberg
Subject: [Tlf-devel] WPX contest rules, bug found
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:07:03 +0200

Hello!

My earlier posting was unclear. I knew there are pre programmed contest rules for WPX. That's why I tried to write them to rules. However it didn't work. Scoring was faulty.

We discussed about the problem in #elecraft in irc.radiochat.org network. TLF 0.9.27 does not determine zone and continent from CALL=OH6KXL.

DJ1YFK found a "bug" from source code. His simple correction is in the following. I don't know is it a some sort of kludge or not. But in the initial tests it helped. Saturday and sunday will tell more during the contest. I'm not a coder but simply end user. My last coding was done in 1995 in Turbo Pascal with poorest acceptable degree :)

Remove two lines from readctydata.c

                      if (j < 4)
                              continue;

Thanks to DJ1YFK.