tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] ARRL 10 m, DX-side

From: Wilbert Knol
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] ARRL 10 m, DX-side
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 18:05:15 +1300

Thanks for the hints, Chris. I'll have a play with it if I get the
chance.

However, I am saving TLF for next year...we'll be using either good
old CT (DOS) or else Writelog. The reason is that TLF lacks a feature
that I consider to be essential for CW contesting.

This feature is a pipe-line in the keyer. One needs to be able to come
back to a caller with a partial (say: only the prefix and part of the
suffix) typed on the callsign field.

As the keyer sends this partial call, the op completes the callsign
field before the keyer catches up. As a result, the full callsign
goes out on the air.

With TLF/cwdaemon, the operator - who has copied the callsign in his
head - must have the full callsign correctly typed into the callsign
field _before_ he can reply. No good...one needs to be able to
seamlessly tail-end the caller.

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ
(CW-op @ ZL6QH)