tlf-devel

Re: address@hidden: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Questions]

From: Ed
Subject: Re: address@hidden: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Questions]
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:02:53 -0500

Ed wrote:

1. I use Debian stable and Gnome 2.8. In Nautilus logcfg.dat is identified as a mpeg file. Why ? Does it need to be changed and if so how.?

IN nautilus, right-click the file and use "open with". There is no way
to change the file type. I believe it is hardcoded into gnome-vfs.

I used Gedit as neither Joe, Nano, or Gvim would open the file. I'm sure you are correct about the vfs.

2. I have to reset cwdaemon after a reboot. When I reboot it resets to the default parameters. Is this correct. ?

Yes, if you want to change cwdaemon parameters, change logcfg.dat.
cwdaemon settings are not saved.

OK, well here I am a little lost. This is my current cwdaemon parameters

 cwdaemon -d ttyS1 -t 0 -x n

How do I enter these into logcfg. ?? As you can see I'm trying to turn off RTS and the PC speaker, but have no luck doing so. I honestly beleive that man pages are written for the advanced user, which I am not. A practical example would be so very helpful. Thanks for the help.

73
Ed W3NR