tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: patch for 2 digit weighting

From: Wilbert Knol
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: patch for 2 digit weighting
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 08:50:55 +1300

Nothing to do with Joop's patch, but I would like to make a
suggestion...

A feature I have found lacking in TLF (and also in my own  'under
construction' logger :-) is the ability to complete a callsign
*after*  CWDAEMON has started on the exchange.

At the moment, TLF takes a snapshot of the callsign field and sends it
to the UDP port the moment the operator hits the appropriate function
key.

CT lets you complete the suffix (or even make changes) as the call is
being transmitted, which increases the run-rate.

CWDAEMON supports a character-at-a-time mode, so it shouldn't be too
hard to implement this. Perhaps it would also be helpful if CWDAEMON
echos transmitted characters back on the UDP port, similar to
cwtest.sh

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

PS: Interesting to see Rein's comment on N1MM... had a casual play
with it in the CQWW-SSB and it scrambled the time-stamps on the QSOs.