tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] No Spots
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 06:32:24 -0600

* Joop Stakenborg <address@hidden> [2004 Dec 01 06:12 -0600]:
> Op di, 30-11-2004 te 21:37 +0100, schreef Rein Couperus:
>

> > > What's really nice about the tlf + gnome-terminal combination is that
> > > you can zoom in and out and tlf will zoom with the terminal. Hot keys
> > > for this are Ctrl/Shift/+ and Ctrl/-
> >
> > What colours do you use on Gnome Joop?
> >

> Last time I used the default colours. Looked okay to me....

Speaking of colors.  I know that the default app resources of Debian
set most of the colors in xterm to be very washed out.  I have a
private app-defaults directory where I have put the following in a file
named XTerm to set the colors to match the console:

! Uncomment the following lines to make xterm appear much like a virtual
! console, so that ANSI colors will make more sense.
XTerm*background:       black
XTerm*foreground:       white
XTerm*scrollBar:        False
XTerm*saveLines:        100
XTerm*cursorColor:      green1
XTerm*geometry:         80x25

! Enable Colour by default.

*VT100*colorMode: on
*VT100*boldColors: on
*VT100*dynamicColors: on

! Uncomment this to use the bold/underline colors in preference to other colors
!*VT100*colorAttrMode: on

*VT100*color0: black
*VT100*color1: red3
*VT100*color2: green3
*VT100*color3: yellow3
*VT100*color4: blue3
*VT100*color5: magenta3
*VT100*color6: cyan3
*VT100*color7: gray90
*VT100*color8: gray30
*VT100*color9: red
*VT100*color10: green
*VT100*color11: yellow
*VT100*color12: blue
*VT100*color13: magenta
*VT100*color14: cyan
*VT100*color15: white
*VT100*colorUL: yellow
*VT100*colorBD: white

I got these from somewhere on the Web years ago.  Right now my private
resources file doesn't read the Debian app-defaults file.  I'm not sure
if there is a way to include other files in a resources file or not.

I may have posted this to the list some time back.  If so, please
ignore.  :-)

73, de Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of