tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Linux distro

From: Nate Bargmann
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] TLF Linux distro
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 09:37:36 -0600

* Rein Couperus <address@hidden> [2004 Nov 18 06:49 -0600]:

> > I'm curious, Rein, if you have binaries of the latest TLF and cwdaemon
> > available for the tlf-morphix-0.20 ISO?  Or, does the CD image once
> > booted contain gcc and friends for compilation?
>
> Hi Nate,
>
> I made the system so flexible that the latest tlf and cwdaemon binaries can
> actually be put on the USB stick! Just compile the latest versions and
> replace the binaries on the USB stick and they will be loaded from the stick
> (I think/hope). I may issue a new stick image before the weekend... given
> time... with tlf-0.9.20 and cwdaemon-0.8 which you can use with the present
> live CD.

Well, I tried dropping in the binaries from the current Debian Testing
pacakages and tlf fails because there is no libhamlib-1.2.2.so.2.
Hopefully, you'll be able to build 0.9.20 against this older Hamlib,
although I know there were API changes between Hamlib 1.1.4 and 1.2.x
so that may or may not work.

I guess I can wait for the next live CD release if you're unable to
create a newer stick image.

Thanks for a neat application.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.