[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Tlf-devel] Cwdaemon 0.8 beta on Slackware 9.1

From: Joop Stakenborg
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Cwdaemon 0.8 beta on Slackware 9.1
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 18:17:17 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla Thunderbird 0.5 (X11/20040306)

Rein Couperus wrote:
I have found the cause of the 'missing character syndrome', in fact I am now able to reproduce it whenever I want.

When I send a 'message abort' to cwdaemon DURING a message, the message is aborted. When I send a 'message abort' to cwdaemon AFTER or BEFORE a message, the first character of the following message is not sent!! It is displayed o.k. in the debug routine but it is not sent. That is also the reason why Wolf did not find it :) You can simply reproduce the fault by typing ESC in tlf and then sending any message... and watch cwdaemon swallowing the first character of your call...

Excellent work Rein!

Now I can at last try to get version 0.8 ready.
Thanks for helping out!

I have stopped famd (why is that running anyway) and I have no bit errors any more. Even at 40 wpm. Strangely enough, the CPU load monitor as well as the memory map have not changed (still 94% idle in top and memory load 80% (no swap)).

Tnx, this is a relief.... cwdaemon 0.8 is now as crisp as the mfj1278...

Rein Pa0R

Joop PG4I

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]