tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF

From: Wolf-Ruediger Juergens
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] back to TLF
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 22:17:10 +0200

Hello Rein,

> So I think this one is for the debian users to solve.... I would hate
> to put suse back onto the machine in the shack. Moreover the live CD
> is based on debian testing/unstable...

Ok, I've made a little script and send several hundred times random
strings with netcat to the cwdaemon and not any string failed.
Maybe its a kernel problem, Suse kernel have several patches related to
a better scheduling and task switching (like in kernel 2.6).
I stop the debugging and will work on the cwlib for ptt support, like
Joop has proposed.
If I understand Joop right, there should be a function for the cwlib
which ask the state of the footswitch and a callback function to handle
the ptt switching. In this case the cwlib must periodically call the
state function for the footswitch. Same is true for paddle support in
the next step. To realize this functionality the cwdaemon must alway's
calling the cwlib in a loop.

-------------- part of cwdaemon----------------
while (1)
        {
                udelay (500);   /*prevent 100% CPU */
// ------------>> here periodically action for PTT via cwlib
//                instead of udelay (udelay shorter)
                if (recv_code ())
                        playmorsestring (morsetext);

I think thats the best place to do it. What do you think?

73 Wolf, DL2WRJ
--
http://www.dl2wrj.de - CW - Digital - QRP - QRPP - QRSS
DL-QRP-AG #2138 AGCW #3022 RU-QRP #47 G-QRP #11473 QRP-L #2545