tlf-devel

Re: [Tlf-devel] Contest king of Spain on CW.

From: rein couperus PA0RCT
Subject: Re: [Tlf-devel] Contest king of Spain on CW.
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 23:33:22 +0200

Hi David,

On Wednesday 07 May 2003 19:02, Ana Maria Grilo Moreira wrote:
> 73 to all.
>
> Weekend of 17/18 May there will this contest, is it possible to
> configure TLF to work in this contest????

Yes, you can.

1: make a list of the spanish provinces:
A<space>
AB
AL
AV
B<space>
BA
BI
BU
C<space>
CA
 etc.....
At this point in time (tlf-0.8.20) tlf will only do multipliers with minimum 2
change that to 1 char in the next version...)
This also means that when you enter the exchange into the log you have to type
the space... Tlf will refuse to log a multiplier that is not in the sections
file, so you can't go wrong on this...

2: set  the contest specific parameters in logcfg.dat (apart from call,
logfile etc..):

F3=@ ++5NN--#                                   (#send serial number)
S&P_TU_MSG=TU 5NN #

CONTEST= king_ea (or something)
CONTEST_MODE
RECALL_MULTS
ONE_POINT
MULT_FILE=spanishsections (the file you made yourself)
SECTION_MULT

That's all..... don't forget to comment out everything you don't need..
I can send you the multiplier file if you want, I copied it from a website
somewhere.

The tlf log file, which is TRlog format, will beaccepted. You may have to make
it DOS compatible, so people with weird software (windoze) can use it.
Rename the xxx.log to yourcall.dat, and add a summary sheet.

> I know, some more work, sorry.

I wish everything was so simple :-)
I will look into the 1-character mults tomorrow. (I am at home with a foot
twice the normal size which won't fit in a shoe, so I've got some time for
tlf :-)