tlf-devel

[Tlf-devel] Re: cwdaemon 0.2.2 (test version)

From: Wilbert Knol
Subject: [Tlf-devel] Re: cwdaemon 0.2.2 (test version)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:55:03 +1300 (NZDT)

Hi Joop,

> http://auric.debian.org/~pa3aba/cwdaemon-0.2.2.tar.gz

Thanks for fixing that. It works perfectly now.

My notebook sends 'QRV' when finished booting.
And _SK_ on shutdown :-)

> There is a little shell script in the README which allows you to send
> character based morse from the command line if you have netcat
> installed. Here it is:

> #!/bin/sh
>
> old_tty_settings=$(stty -g)
> stty -icanon
> trap 'stty "$old_tty_settings"; exit 0' INT
>
> echo "Press (CTRL-C) to interrupt..."
>
> while true; do
>   Keypress=$(head -c1)
>   echo $Keypress | nc -q0 -u localhost 6789
> done

The CTRL-C trapping works well.
But my 'nc' (version 1.10) does not understand the -q switch
Without it, it only sends the 1st character.

I can get the script to work correctly by using this statement
instead:

  echo $Keypress > /dev/udp/localhost/6789

73,

Wilbert, ZL2BSJ

PS: your ZL7C cards are underway.