[Tinycc-devel] TCC and ARM instruction set

From: Ulrich Althöfer
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] TCC and ARM instruction set
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 16:31:46 +0200

Dear Developers,
I am interested to hear more about the state of implementing the ARM instruction set.

- Are there different levels of developing states between the 16 bit (Thumb) and 32 bit instruction set?
- Is there a hardware abstraction level (HAL) built in the Tiny C Compiler?
- Are there documents about this subject?
- How expensive is it to implement the Thumb code?
- Isn't it a challenge to implement the 'tiny' Thumb instruction set, because ARM is the overwhelming dominant embedded processor architecture nowadays?

I am glad to hear about the intentions of implementing.

Greetings from Germany
Ulrich