Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)

From: avih
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2017 12:52:29 +0000 (UTC)

Chris, would you mind testing my script? it should work on cygwin.

It does work on msys2 native ("posix") gcc, as well as the mingw variants and all other OSs and compilers I tested.

It does not work with tcc 0.9.26 as it requires an extra step which the script I posted doesn't have (but locally I have already improved the script to detect and use 0.9.26 to create identical binaries, as well as added running the tests, if gnu make is available).

- avih

On Friday, September 29, 2017 3:39 PM, Chris Marshall <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 7:17 AM, Christian JULLIEN <address@hidden> wrote:
> Ok I understand,
> What annoys me is that I must install i686-w64-mingw32-gcc I don't really
> care just to compile tcc for native Windows while std cygwin/gcc is
> perfectly able to do the same.

My effort to make tcc build in cygwin rather as a cross-compiled
native windows application has been on hold for about a year
pending the new release of tcc.

I would classify using cygwin to build a mingw compiled tcc is just
cross compiling from cygwin to win32.

As a long time cygwin user the single configuration "technique"
that is a problem for a working cygwin/posix port is to "look underneath"
the cygwin posix environment to "discover" the native win32 beneath
and to build for that.  The correct approach is to detect cygwin as
a flavor of unix and treat it as such.

I'm looking forward to the coming stable release.  Exciting
to see we're getting close.

--Chris