Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)

From: grischka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Push reproducible builds script? (for windows)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:29:59 +0200

Hey Christian and Avi,

May I suggest something:  Why don't you guys combine your knowledge
and personal preferences and apply it to our standard Makefile instead
of adding each your own scripts?

As I see it, both, Christian's win32/Makefile (labeled "for cygwin")
as well as Avi's suggested reproducible builds script really are very
similar:

They build a windows cross-tcc on a posix system (rsp. posix emulation)
and then use that to build a native windows tcc (non-optimized, as well
as tcc can do).

Now, the normal Makefile can already build the required cross-tccs including
associated libtcc1.a, on any posix system, out of the box, like:

    ./configure
    make cross-i386-win32
    make cross-x86_64-win32

You would just add a few lines to create the native executables, copy
the win32 files into place, run md5sum if you like and zip everything
to get the ready to release win32 binary packages.

No problems with maintenance, no extra files to confuse the user, just
a new make target that everybody can use:

    ./configure
    make win32-dist

What do you guys think?

--- grischka