Re: [Tinycc-devel] Annoying new warning

From: Christian JULLIEN
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Annoying new warning
Date: Fri, 5 May 2017 12:54:22 +0200 (CEST)

Grischka,

it was my first attempt with fprintf+exit(0) but I found that none was available in libtcc.

I vote for _xxx_abort(const char* msg);

Christian

Le : 05 mai 2017 à 12:02 (GMT +02:00)
De : "grischka" <address@hidden>
À : "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
Objet : Re: [Tinycc-devel] Annoying new warning

Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2017-05-05 17:29:22 +1000, William Hales wrote:
>> This is his message, copied and pasted:
>>
>>> Hi Vincent,
>>>
>>> return 666; works equally well as it should not be called by ARM backend.
>>>
>>> This is a workaround to remove warning.
>
> But this can hide bugs, e.g. if in the future this function is called
> by the ARM backend. It would be better either not to define this
> function at all (best solution at it doesn't make sense on the ARM,
> and issues would be detected at compile time) or have something like
> an assert to abort if this function is called.

Let tcc insert a library function that will abort peoples' programs
to me clearly sounds like a second to best solution. ;)

--- grischka