Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tcc and environment

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Tcc and environment
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 11:55:08 +0200

Le dimanche 7 avril 2013 04:07:19, Darren Oakey a écrit :
> I am using a system with no c compiler, no include directories - ie they've
> made some effort to stop you writing c for some reason (even though other
> languages are freely available).   I found tiny cc - and particularly
> PTS-TCC - and thought my problems were solved - hello world and other
> programs worked perfectly.
>
> Then I ran into a snag.
>
> However I try - I can't read the environment :( -    getenv, while
> appearing to be there, always returns null.  I looked at the uclibc source
> and getenv uses __environ - which is null, as is environ, if I do a char **
> environ.   If I extend main to have void main (int argv, char **args, char
> **envp) - envp appears to be just random numbers.

I searched what is tcc and the links I found to download pts-tcc are based on
tcc 0.9.25. This bug was fixed for tcc 0.9.26. You could make yourself and
many people a service by contacting the author of that software to tell them
to merge the changes from tcc 0.9.26.

> please help - anyone have any idea how I get at environment variables?  I'm
> trying to use this to build a faster cgi on my web host - so without
> environment variables, I'm toast.

You could try recompiling pts-tcc with itself after applying the attached
patch to it.

> Thanks,
> Darren

Best regards,