Re: [Tinycc-devel] Could someone please augment tcc developmenttree with

From: Lostgallifreyan
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Could someone please augment tcc developmenttree with this?
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 09:39:34 +0100

Milutin_Jovanovic <address@hidden> wrote:
(31/03/2012 04:52)

>The files are a header file and a .def file that presumably allows tcc to
>link against winmm.dll, a multimedia support library on Windows. The
>"extracted" part refers to the header and def information, not the code, so
>I don't think copyright issues as at play.

I agree. I've seen the Tiny_impdef.exe output from Winmm.dll, as mentioned in a
mail I wrote a few weeks ago (maybe the OP saw that one, and is exploring...).
There are various MIDI and sound functions linked that way, all (including
'PlaySound') documented in a standard Win32 API reference, and in various
snippets and tutorials on the web. I haven't explored audio yet, I'm still
learning, but TCC's small output for working MIDI-based code is impressive.
Demonstration executables of 2K or so, 2.5K with more useful handling, can be
made with TCC as I got it, no special optimisatyions (I don't even know how to
do them, not a priority for me yet).

(PlaySound compiled to 1.5k here too).