Re: [Tinycc-devel] about patch: support c99 for-loop init decls

From: Joe Soroka
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] about patch: support c99 for-loop init decls
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 14:41:34 -0800

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM, grischka <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> I'd rather let decl0() just do the c99 case and return a value
>>
>> Yes... I wanted to do that, but it didn't seem to fit with the rest of the
>> code.  I thought this way was more tcc-like.
>
> tcc-like in how?  Any evidence of analogous hacks elsewhere in the code?

I just meant leaving decl() alone and creating a decl0() so the other
callsites wouldn't have to change, and I do see evidence of that sort
of thing elsewhere in tcc.  But that's not what you were getting at,
and now I understand.

>> Please feel free to change it however you see fit.
> Maybe I will.

I didn't want to seem ornery, I just meant that I thought I understood
what you were getting at, but that I had absolutely no problem with
someone else committing over top of me, and certainly you would do a
better job than me of expressing your internal concept in code.  Plus
you obviously have more ownership than just about anyone else, so I
was merely deferring to your eminence.

> Until then feel free to fix incorrect variable scope ;)
> [example code]

Darn.  Thank you.  I'm doubly embarrassed now.

Joe