Re: [Tinycc-devel] can't build mob branch on x86 64

From: Thomas Preud'homme
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] can't build mob branch on x86 64
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2011 00:49:56 +0100

Le samedi 05 février 2011 00:35:47, Joe Soroka a écrit :
> On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Thomas Preud'homme <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > My mistake, I forgot that TOK_alloca was not defined on x86-64. As alloca
>
> You missed the fact that TOK_alloca is never 'defined'.  It's an enum
> element.
>
> #ifdef TOK_alloca
>
> is the same as
>
> #ifdef TOK_INT
>
> is the same as
>
> #if 0
>
> So, you'll have to pull that patch back out.  It's just fundamentally
> flawed.  All it does is turn off VLA for every arch, no matter what,
> and then turn off the test too.
>
> Good try, though.  I don't know what you should do instead.  I humbly
> request that you revert the whole VLA patch and we try again, a little
> more slowly.  I have some ideas for how to proceed.
Really? You want to rewrite it entirely? Took me so much time and it work well
now :( Couldn't just some CONFIG_TCC_ALLOCA macro be defined in Makefile when
compiling?

Anyway, however you code VLA, you need alloca and need a way to detect if
alloca is available or not. Do you have suggestion on how to rewrite it?