Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm-wince-pe target

From: Zdenek Pavlas
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] arm-wince-pe target
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:45:57 +0100

Hi,

Thans for a reply!
FPA - use the old FPA floating point instructions
VFP - use the new VFP floating point instructions
LD - long doubles are 12 bytes instead of 8
EABI - try to conform to the ABI specification written by ARM
I see. I've read http://wiki.debian.org/ArmEabiPort which was very helpfull but still don't know which ABI is used by WM6. I guess it's something close to EABI.
Did you read the text I put there where you downloaded libtcc1.a?
You mean that "it's very old, use libgcc instead"? Yes, but I don't have arm-gcc at hand, and this looked good enough for a first try. If I ever get this to work, I'll probably switch to uclibc runtime.
I have once used binutils to successfully disassemble an ARM PE.
You might have luck finding out what has to be changed in there.
There's a nice project http://cegcc.sourceforge.net/ which could be helpfull, but I found binutils sources close to unreadable, so I'll take it only for a reference binary implementation.
Which C library do you indend to use on WinCE?
I simply-minded used win32/lib/msvcrt.def but that'll likely not work on WinCE. But WinCE provides COREDLL.DLL and the list of exported symbols resembles libc a bit, so I'll give it a try.

--
Zdenek Pavlas