Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc tcc.c tccelf.c

From: Cameron Villers
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] tinycc tcc.c tccelf.c
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 11:57:40 -0400

> grischka wrote:
> I don't know why, but after making this function static,
> each of my tcc.dll and tcc.exe became smaller by 4 KB.

Apparently, on some implementations of PE, data must be aligned to a
4kb page (up until recently, the Microsoft linker included an option
to optimize for Windows 9x systems that preferred the alignment), so I
would guess that by marking it as static the compiler could inline or
otherwise reduce the code...Perhaps someone with a better knowledge of
the PE format can enlighten?