Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug

From: Dave Dodge
Subject: Re: [Tinycc-devel] Bug
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 17:59:25 -0400

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 02:45:05PM +0530, Sumesh KS wrote:
> Thanks for Information,
> I'm getting an Error message like "C compliler is not found it searching C
> compiler like GCC" (This message is short).
> Please Help me. My Ubuntu Ver. 6.10.

Make sure you have the "build-essential" package installed for Ubuntu
first.

To configure tcc you'll need to have a C compiler (such as gcc) and
various other development tools already installed on the machine.
Ubuntu does not normally come with any development tools preloaded.
The build-essential package is a quick way to get a minimal toolchain
in place, and is probably sufficient to get tcc working.

                                                  -Dave Dodge