[Tinycc-devel] Variable declaration inside a for statement

From: Nick Kelsey
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] Variable declaration inside a for statement
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 21:58:04 -0700

Hi guys,

First of all - WOW. Amazing software tool. The several big advantages I can see with TCC, not least of all enabling serious end-user scripting within our application.

I have been putting TCC through its paces compiling a key part of our main source tree.... hit one snag... it won't accept a variable declaration inside a for statement. Eg:

for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++)

This is part of our coding convention and is accepted by gcc in C99 mode and accepted by bcb.

Is this something that could be supported?

BTW - The end result of that test (after hacking our source around a bit):
gcc took 10.884s to compile and the stripped executable was 191k in size.
tcc took 684ms to compile and the stripped executable was 102k in size.

Very impressed.

Nick