[Tinycc-devel] ARM support

From: Daniel Glöckner
Subject: [Tinycc-devel] ARM support
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:32:59 +0200

This patch adds ARM support to TCC 0.9.19.
It generates code for an ARMv4 with FPA floating point instructions.
I've tested it on a Sharp Zaurus SL-5500G (StrongArm-1110 with fp emulator).
I didn't reinvent the wheel by writing a libtcc1, but modified the generated
symbols to match those of libgcc.a (in SDK from Sharp).

No inline asm, no bounds checking, no DLLs supported.
Relocation stuff was guessed and is probably incomplete.
The generated binarys strangely get a SIGILL when run in GDB.
Some generated code looks very clumsy (gfunc_call, ...) and some code is so
big, it should become a function (itof, ftoi).
Compiling TCC with TCC yields a binary twice as big as the one generated by
GCC -Os -fomit-frame-pointer.
I hope cleaning up the diff didn't break something...

  Daniel