thales-misc

[Thales] The next Thales?

From: Trystan Scott Lee
Subject: [Thales] The next Thales?
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 11:33:57 -0700

Greetings

Been using Thales for about 3 years now, its run fine for the most part, but been looking at it and wondering if there was going to be any updates coming down the line. Its been over 5 months since the CVS was updated, and 7 months since the last release. Alot of things have changed out there, Unreal has given us NICKIP, Bahamut is now on 1.8 which is slightly different then Bahamut 1.4, and the list of ircd out there is growing, since there is no support for things like PTlink, RageIRCD, or Solid-IRCD, if I want to change out my ircd I would have
to either drop Thales or write my own.

So is it going be a long time before we see any progress on Thales? I am able to code so its no big deal to me if there wasn't going to be a updated Thales for a long time, I could get by with making my own if it came to it. But if there will be a continuation of Thales project I would stick with it.