thales-misc

[Thales] Thales news

From: Lucas Nussbaum
Subject: [Thales] Thales news
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 19:55:15 +0100

Hi,

With my new co-maintainer for the unreal support, Hervé Rousseau (aka
zed on irc.apinc.org), we updated thales to support Unreal3.2-beta19.

We are still going to wait for a few days (weeks ?) to see if people are
interested in support for other ircds. To use this version, you can use
the Savannah.gnu.org CVS :

export CVS_RSH="ssh"
cvs -z3 -d:ext:address@hidden:/cvsroot/thales co thales
press enter when prompted for a password.
then cd thales, ./configure && make && make install as usual.

Please send comments and bug reports :)

Changes since Thales 0.9.4 :
   - Fixed user/chan modes for Unreal beta19 support (chanmodes +I and
     +H not used anymore)
   - NeedMaintainers file added.
   - removed Sequana support
   - safely ignore Unreal's EOS messages, but send one after login.
   - now keeps track of max number of servers too.
   - hardcoded url (motd, admin) changes to savannah.
   - Unreal's SWHOIS support.
   - server.lastsplit is not overwritten when a server rejoins.
   - changed "Thales" to "GNU Thales" where it was relevant.
   - renamed log() to mylog(), and log_perror() to mylog_perror() to
     prevent conflicts.
   - added TBUST to hybrid CAPAB line. Credits go to Wes Baehr
     <address@hidden>
   - added a php script for clones detection. contributed by
     Jens 'DukePyrolator' Voss <address@hidden>
   - added Unreal mode +M
--
Lucas Nussbaum