tftb-help

[Tftb-help] achieving the power spectrum by integration of the WVD

From: Hallgrímur Th . Björnsson
Subject: [Tftb-help] achieving the power spectrum by integration of the WVD
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:22:55 +0200

Hello there.

I‘m trying to achieve the power spectrum by integrating the TFR obtained from using the WVD of  the toolbox. In my understanding, I should approximately arrive at a similar conclusion as using the fft.

The problem is that, when plotting the resulting value from the integration, there seems to have been a frequency shift by 2 * f. So, if I have a sinusoid of frequency 50Hz, the spectrum by integrating the WVD shows a 100Hz component. I have tried to use the CWD also, and the same problem is also in that case.

Here is my Matlab code:

close all

clear

t=linspace(0,1,1000);