tftb-help

[Tftb-help] scale in the wideband ambiguity function

From: Mayazzurra Ruggiano
Subject: [Tftb-help] scale in the wideband ambiguity function
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:49:13 +0200

Dear Eric Chassande-Mottin,

I would like to understand better the implementation of the wideband ambiguity function (WAF) in the Time-frequency toolbox. I am interested in radar application of it.
My questions are:

 1. The scale does not appear directly in the implementation of the
    WAF. It appears to me to be equal to q^(2/(N-1))(k-1), where
    q=fmin/fmax. What is the relation between this scale and
    normalized Doppler frequency fd (for low speeds vr compared to the
    speed of light c, approximately, scale=1-2vr/c=1+fd) ?
 2. How is the normalization of the WAF taken care of?
 3. Has this code been used for radar applications?

I would have further questions on implementing of the symmetric WAF, and especially on its computation not for all scales, bu for scales very close to 1.

Thank you for your time and looking forward to your comments,

best regards,

Mayazzurra Ruggiano