tftb-help

Re: [Tftb-help] problem with TFTB

From: Alessandra Iacobucci
Subject: Re: [Tftb-help] problem with TFTB
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 18:11:36 +0100

Thank you for your fast answer.
the nonstationarity of the series (which is exactly what I want to study, that is, the evolution of its frequency content) is another problem.

What I am trying to say is that the software gives an energy spectral density (well-defined or not) with peaks only at low frequencies while the contour plot of the spectrogram distribution (well defined or not) shows component only around the Nyquist frequency, so it seems to me that there is an incoherence.

If the use of a non analytic signal disturbs you, you may check this example (p. 56 of the tutorial)
>> sig2=fmconst(128,.15)+fmconst(128,.35);
>> tfrscalo(sig2,1:128,6,0.05,0.45,128,1);
the right results should be the one in Fig 3.20, p.56, but I got the following:

So in my opinion there might be a problem.

Thanks,
Alessandra