Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] encoding

From: Massimiliano Gubinelli
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] [TeXmacs] encoding
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 12:06:46 +0100

(I put texmacs-dev in c/c)

Indeed seems a bug with TeXmacs.
For example the text below

Più détermination é

in which the “détermination” is copied from the PDF view of the link you gave below, do not work properly, even if I copy it on a text editor and then copy it back to TeXmacs. However I just checked that if I now copy the line above into TeXmacs it works, so sometimes editors reencode this text in ways which are compatible with TeXmacs import filter.
I conclude that there should be some ways of encoding accents which are not properly understood by TeXmacs.

For further reference I attach below a file where the text above is in such a form which cannot be copied reliably into TeXmacs.

Maybe Joris would like to look into it.

Best
Max