Re: [Texmacs-dev] Building TeXmacs on Ubuntu 16.04

From: Daniel Bump
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] Building TeXmacs on Ubuntu 16.04
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 12:01:47 -0700

Marduk Bolaños wrote:

> I just built TeXmacs on Ubuntu 16.04.
>
> You are right. TeXmacs 1.99.5 segfaults when closing any dialog
> window. And I got the same problem as you when trying to compile it.

It would be good if texmacs.org can distribute a binary
that doesn't crash on Ubuntu 16.04, and if the distributed
source would build off the tarball. The problem seems to be
with the gmp library.

> What I did is compile the svn version. It works great.

Thanks! Per your advice I was able to compile the svn version.

Phillipe wrote:

> If you do not want to build yourself, you can get a texmacs deb package
> for Ubuntu 16.04 at this place :

Thanks!

I did not try this since I was able to build it.

Daniel Bump