Re: [Texmacs-dev] .tm → .tex conversion from the commandline

From: François Poulain
Subject: Re: [Texmacs-dev] .tm → .tex conversion from the commandline
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:58:29 +0200

Hi,

Le Wed, 9 Sep 2015 22:10:32 +0200,
BB <address@hidden> a écrit :

> Yes, something like :  «   texmacs  -c namefile.tm  namefile.pdf —
> quit   »

Actually, this works:
$ texmacs  -c namefile.tm  namefile.tex -q

You can also use xvfb-run if you don't have a X server launched.
I made extensive use of this for TeXmacs testing and it worked well.

I also declared a function in my bashrc in order to forget about it:

function texmacs(){
  if [ "$1" = "-c" ]
  then
    xvfb-run -a /home/francois/src/TeXmacs/bin/texmacs $* -q
  else
    /home/francois/src/TeXmacs/bin/texmacs $*
  fi
}

It's quite tricky but it make the job.

Last but not least, if you want to launch massive conversion among
many files, you can do it in a single TeXmacs launch, via building a
command like
$ texmacs  -c file1.tm  file1.tex -c file2.tm  file2.tex ... -q
By doing this, you can avoid many TeXmacs' launching overhead.
(and if you want to burn all you cpu cores, you can also launch some
TeXmacs instance in parallel...)

Works for me with hundreds files.

François

--